No products in the cart.
Common problems include a unit that has something stuck in it (that’s where that dime went), leaking water, or just decayed and worn out.
If disposal is jammed try forcing the blades back and forth with the hex tool supplied with the unit when new. To do this insert the hex wrench into the bottom center of the unit and rotate back and forth. If you do not have this tool a broom handle placed into the top side of the unit may work. If neither of these work the unit may have to be removed to dislodge the jam. Remember to unplug the unit before working on it. Also, the red reset button on the bottom may need resetting if it was tripped due to the problem.
Service call to repair a jammed disposer: $85.
Replace garbage disposal you provide: $95
Evolution Space saver 5/8-HP Noise Insulated Garbage Disposal
- 5/8-horsepower motor delivers reliable performance
- 34.6 oz grind chamber capacity
- Made in the USA
- Auto-Reverse Grind System
- SoundSeal® Technology delivers Quieter performance
- MultiGrind® Technology delivers two stages of grind and allows you to more efficiently grind difficult food items
- 4-year limited warranty
- Power cord not included ( sold separately)
Follow these five simple tips to extend the life of your garbage disposal and prevent clogs and jams.
1.Tip #1: Run Disposal Regularly.
2.Tip #2: Use Cold Water.
3.Tip #3: Run Disposal Longer.
4.Tip #4: Cut Waste into Small Pieces.
5.Tip #5: Grind Citrus Fruit.